Thursday, July 12, 2012

Grasping at Eternity (Review)

(The Kindrily, #1)

Release Date: May 21, 2012
Genre(s): YA Paranormal/Fantasy/Romance 

My Review: (5/5 stars*) 
 
As soon as I started this book I could immediately tell I was in for something amazing. The descriptive details and style of writing were incredible. I felt like I was part of the story. Each character was compelling in there own way and even more complex than they appeared. It was like unraveling a mystery within a mystery, you dream of books that give you such delight. I sincerely loved it. The story was soo beautiful and heartbreaking at times but nonetheless immersed you into feeling so deeply for the story and the characters. I love the idea of reincarnation especially the idea of souls always reincarnating together and in each life playing a different familial role be it family, lover, or friend. It's a lovely and enchanting belief/concept. I also loved that each individual of a Kindrily had a special gift or gifts of there own. I feel that added an extra layer to an already delicious cake. I couldn't be more thrilled when I received this ebook from the author Karen Amanda Hooper to review honestly, this was truly a rare gem. This book deserves to be recognized for its creative writing skills and diversity. It's not often that a book with a beautiful cover delivers an amazing story as well. I never expected to be wowed but this book was absolutely captivating. I'm really excited for the second book in this series and will be eagerly awaiting its release in 2013.

SYNOPSIS:

Maryah Woodsen is an ordinary seventeen year old - or so she thought. One night Maryah and her family are brutally attacked, leaving her parents and twin brother both dead and her just barely alive. After Maryah recovers she's left with an empty feeling inside. Forced to pick up the pieces of her shattered soul she is sent to live with her godmother and her family who she only met when she was barely a toddler. While living there strange occurrences keep happening, and to top that off she keeps dreaming of a man with gorgeous green eyes - a man she believes to be an angel of death. Also her adoptive family members aren't all as welcoming - some seem almost resentful towards her but who are they to judge her when they barely know her - or so she thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...