Monday, November 5, 2012

My Link In Time (Review)

(The Immortal Ones, #2)

Release Date: March 24th, 2011
Genre(s): YA Paranormal/Fantasy/Romance

My Review: (4.5/5 stars*)

I'm going to be completely honest the first book A Chance for Charity in the Immortal Ones series didn't do it for me. I felt like it was too slow and lacked the necessary elements of an interesting story. However, My Link in Time surprised me in the absolute best way whereas with A Chance for Charity I didn't want to pick it back up immediately but with My Link in Time I refused to put it down. I feel like S.L. Baum figured out the missing link to making this an excellent story, no pun intended. A truly engrossing read. Action, suspense, and mystery held it all together, just as I had pegged Charity's character the author decided to make her even more layered with an even bigger twist of fate. Although less romance I loved the back stories of other characters that integrated itself to show different character's perspectives and pasts. Fantastic book. I loved it. Truly unique from other reads, the story stuck with me and compelled me to write up a worthy review. I can't wait to read the next book in the series: Our Summer of Discontent (The Immortal Ones, #3).

SYNOPSIS:
Charity returns in the sequel My Link in Time newly engaged to Lincoln. Together they plan to have a small wedding in Las Vegas, no problem. Only now Lincoln has a taste for blood. No issue there. Charity invites a few of her friends who just happen to be immortals and witches to her nuptials. That's completely normal. Then Charity's mortal friends end up complicating things for her. Small problem. But when an old witch friend of Catherine's shows up things get strange and Charity's happily-ever-after is abruptly postponed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...