Friday, August 23, 2013

Fisher Amelie Feature (Review) (Dream Cast)

*Hey fantastic readers, today I'm featuring the author Fisher Amelie!! She came up with a dream cast for her characters from the novel Vain. I've also reviewed Vain and you can read my thoughts below!*

*Presented by: InkSlinger PR*

~Fisher Amelie~


AUTHOR LINKS: WEBSITE | BLOG | GOODREADS | TWITTER | FACEBOOK !

 Vain
(The Seven Deadly, #1)

By: Fisher Amelie
Release Date: August 16th, 2013
Genre(s): New Adult Contemporary/Romance

My Review: (5/5 stars*)

There are no words. Vain is astonishing in both story and writing. I knew what it was about by reading the synopsis but I didn't really know what it was about. It was only until after I finished did I completely understand how captivating and amazing the story was. It's not often I use the word amazing but it's what describes perfectly how I feel about Vain. It'll stir your emotions like a blender, and make you really think about life. Having and getting everything you want can lead you down a dark dark road. Sophie Price learns that just because the world is handed to her on a silver platter doesn't mean that can't change. Things happen for a reason for better or for worse and Sophie Price learns that the hard way.

Sophie Price is conceited to excessive levels, she can get any guy she wants, by manipulation, drinking, doing drugs, rinsing and repeating in that lifestyle. She's gorgeous, disgustingly rich, and utterly vain so she can get away with her actions
—or so she thinks. Boys are recyclable and her friends are hers to walk all over. She owns life until she goes to a party and gets arrested for a 2nd drug charge. Her parents who've always only cared about work see this as a sort of betrayal, and have her sent off to Uganda in Africa for 6 months where she has to face reality and her worst nightmare—herself.

I think everyone can relate to Sophie in a way. People can be selfish, self-obsessed, and just plain evil to each other, well Sophie is all of those things and more. She's the worst person you can imagine, the bi*** you hate, the gorgeous girl who steals your guy, and doesn't care if it hurts you. But this isn't about loathing it's about inner redemption. It's a journey of being all those nasty things and then having life slap you in the face and wake you up. It's moving, it's irresistible with characters you'll absolutely love. Vain is the kind of book that alters your perception of existence. Fisher writes of ugliness and of beauty that's buried within, and how things can change if you are willing to accept that change. Their is a great ensemble of characters, Ian is one that I loved. Speaking of love that too plays a crucial part as to why Sophie is the way she is
—lack of affectionself-destruction for perfection.
 
Vain is a self-discovering journey about a young woman who needs to find out who she is. It's only once her life gets turned up-side-down that she can do that. There is love, hate, and heartbreak. This book evokes many emotions but the predominant one is happiness. It's what the main character is striving for but doing all the wrong things to achieve it. I loved this book for it's raw insight, and beautifully written story. Fisher Amelie may just be my newest favorite author! I'm going to anxiously be waiting for the second book Greed to come out. Grab Vain and be prepared to be wowed!


Synopsis: 

If you’re looking for a story about a good, humble girl, who’s been hurt by someone she thought she could trust, only to find out she’s not as vulnerable as she thought she was and discovers an empowering side of herself that falls in love with the guy who helps her find that self, blah, blah, blah...then you’re gonna’ hate my story.

Because mine is not the story you read every time you bend back the cover of the latest trend novel. It’s not the “I can do anything, now that I’ve found you/I’m misunderstood but one day you’ll find me irresistible because of it” tale. Why? Because, if I was being honest with you, I’m a complete witch. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a friend using, drug abusing, sex addict from Los Angeles. I’m every girlfriend’s worst nightmare and every boy’s fantasy.


I’m Sophie Price...And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most envied girl to the girl no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.


VAIN LINKS: GOODREADS | AMAZON | B&N | SHELFARI !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Fisher Amelie's Dream Cast Picks~

Hello! Thank you so much for having me! Here is my dream cast or as close to my dream cast as it could get for VAIN!! - Fisher


Sophie Price
(Imogen Poots)

Spencer Blackwell
(Alex Pettyfer)


Karina
(Helen Mirren


Charles
(Sir Ian McKellen)

 Henrik Aberdeen
(Pierce Brosnan)


Abri Aberdeen
(Elizabeth Debicki)


Ian Aberdeen
(A cross between a very young Gerard Butler & Ben Barnes)

I have had the absolute worst time picking Ian out because no one even comes close but if I have to choose I choose a cross between very young Gerard Butler and Ben Barnes as Ian Aberdeen - Fisher





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...