Monday, July 27, 2026

Mystery / Thriller Tuesday (Feature #3)

 


#1 Heart of Glass by: Jennifer Hillier

#2 This Story Might Save Your Life by: Tiffany Crum

#3 A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by: Holly Jackson

#4 The Thursday Murder Club by: Richard Osman


Alright, this week is a short list BUT some fun finds. Some of my selections are 2026 and some are older. Books don't expire, and neither do their stories! So, with that said, I'm excited to add these to my future reads in the mystery/thriller genre.  👆👀


Heart of Glass reminds me of a nostalgic I Know What You Did Last Summer plot with a return to a small coastal town where it brings forward a tragic past and ties it with a current murder under similar circumstances. And the killer is the Carnival Killer?! What screams more nostalgia than carnivals and killers, or a potential serial killer named that?? Exactly so, looking forward to reading this with that in mind! 🤡

Then we have This Story Might Save Your Life which sounds like a who-dun-it inspired mystery involving a survival- podcast couple who end up being the subjects of their own perilous events that they normally talk about on their beloved show. It just sounds like a fun indulgent story with a modern twist, and I could use some survival 101 from the experts. 

A Good Girl's Guide to Murder - I have seen it's a TV show, so my interest has been piqued because of that, however, I wanted to give the book a chance first before watching it. It's about a small town where crime is abundant and as a final project Pippa wants to write about a huge murder that occurred five years earlier. But, instead of learning more about it, she uncovers the truth and a cover-up that will shed new light on the story, that is if she lives to present her findings...I'm on board with a good old-fashioned hunt for some answers, and why the town threw it under the proverbial rug. 💅💀

Lastly, I selected The Thursday Murder Club because the title is catchy, and it's a murder-mystery series. Who doesn't love good reading binge? It's exactly like you'd think it's a murder club of retired age folks who solve unsolved mysteries together; however, they unwittingly become involved in their own plot twist when someone dies on their doorstep. Sounds fun, similar in essence to the previous selected title but undoubtedly selected for its quirky age-group, and their collective admiration for solving murder plots and being thrust into one! ☺

Till next week! ❤ Leave a comment if you have recs, opinions on mine, or you want to just share something book-related!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...