Friday, December 28, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday! (#5)

*Fun blog hop feature hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read*

Q: What book do you think everyone should read? If you could gift the entire population with one book?



It's hard to pick just one because not everyone reads the same genre as everyone else but a book that has always stuck with me and one that is a personal favorite that I'd gift to many people despite if it's there reading preference would probably be The Odyssey by Homer. Yes it's a epic poem but it's a fantastic read with soo many different elements weaved into it. It contains mythology, action-adventure, romance, and greek history. The story is told in such a way that many people can interpret things differently and that's really what I love about it. Some other books I'd gift would be The Princess Bride, and To Kill A Mocking Bird which are also extraordinary books for numerous reasons.

 

12 comments:

  1. Hi ..
    Just stopping by for te feature and follow friday hop..
    I would have to say either "The NoteBook" or "Message In A Bottle" by Nicholas Sparks
    I love them both and could read and watch them over and over a zillion times and never get bored! All his books are awesome reads!!

    Following you now, so feel free to follow me as well at the link below. :-)


    BookShelves Of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of Nicholas Sparks' books but I've seen some of his films which I've enjoyed which makes me now want to read his books all the more :) & Thanks I returned the follow!

      Delete
  2. I have started The Odyssey, but not finished it. It is very patiently waiting for me to get back to it on my kindle, though :)

    I'm a new GFC and linky follower, you can find my FF post here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a difficult read but if you can get past that the story is incredible :)

      I'm now following you!!

      Delete
  3. I remember reading some of that in high school..I should definitely read it again! Great choice :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it's one of my favorite mythologies. I read it in high school too and ever since its just been a classic for me.

      You definitely should read it again, it's fantastic!

      Delete
  4. We read this last year and English class and watched the movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit.New Follower :)

    My F&F-
    http://gabbyreads.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-and-follow-friday-ambivalent.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never seen the film but I've watched many interesting documentaries from scholars interpretations and they are really fascinating. & Thanks I'm following you now too! :)

      Delete
  5. I was an English major in college and love the classics. Great choice! I'm a new follower via GFC and would love for you to visit me whenever you get a chance....

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's neat I enjoy classical reads a lot, I only wish I had more time to indulge and read more of them :)
      & Thank you for following I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

      I posted on your FF and followed back!

      Delete
  6. Great selection! Love epic lit. I selected a poem in another genre. I'm a new follower via gfc and goodreads.

    My FF http://jessysbookends.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-and-follow.html

    Jess@ Jessy's Bookends

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...