Sunday, September 22, 2013

Stacking the Shelves! (#15)

~ Stacking the Shelves is a meme post hosted by: Tynga from Tynga's Reviews. Stacking the Shelves is a blog meme where you share your recent book purchases, physical book buys, review books, borrowed books, or any books you have recently acquired. ~

I am pretty excited for the old and new books I just picked up. Kindling the Moon is one I kept seeing and hearing good things about but just never got around to buying. Now I have it I need to make the time to read it! The Isle of Blood is the third book in the YA horror Monstrumologist series. Typically horror is not my genre but I thought I'd try something new so I bought the first three books and I'm hoping it'll be something I enjoy. I LOVE series more than standalone novels which is why I grabbed Storm Front. It's Urban Fantasy which is my absolute favorite sub-genre, it's also the first in a long series about a wizard named Harry Dresden who works strange cases in midtown Chicago. 50 pages in already and I'm loving it, the writing style is aesthetic, the lead character is fantastically peculiar, and the story is off to a great start. Lastly, I can't wait to get to the romance titles by Avon, As Hard As It Gets (looks hot), and The Governess Club books just sound like interesting historical reads.

Physical Purchases: Kindling the Moon by: Jenn Bennett | The Isle of Blood by: Rick Yancey

Library Books: Storm Front by: Jim Butcher


 What books did you get recently? What do you think about the ones I picked up? Share your thoughts by commenting below!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...