It's Friday, and when I have the availability, I select newer published novels to get excited for! This week turned out to be coincidentally full of titles with blue covers. Also, these books are all science-fiction-y, or fantasy related which is two of my favorite and most-read genres. ❤
Novels:
Graphic Novels:
(Click* for Goodreads links for their details!)
This week I've found some newer books that hit the market recently, that caught my glance and looks like great reads! First off, Ode to the Half-Broken is a super cool dystopia science fiction novel about an old robot, I mean, that alone just sounds like a crazy hook. That's why I scooped it into my TBR because it sounds like wild ride, and the title throws some serious vibes!!
Next, Multitude, is straight up Science Fiction story, it's about aliens! This is actually a novella so it's a short read perfect for limited-time busy readers. Upon reading the Goodreads synopsis it almost seems like an oddity the way that it's from the perspective of the aliens who hear a song and follow it to the planet. Definitely out of the ordinary pick but that's why it seems like it's going to be cool to get into!
Moving on we have Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt. Wow what a freaking fantastic title, And, this one is from the perspective of Death!! The Goodreads snippet reads, "He’s young and handsome, despite who he is. Each death he witnesses is meaningful to him; he listens, never judges, and most importantly, never tries to change anyone’s fate. He knows that every life must eventually end to maintain the balance of the universe and he respects the cycle.". Sounds like an introspective dive into what it's like to perceive life from the other side. I love novels that are so unique, they offer more than the regular standard tropes. This one is obviously in the fantasy realm which again I love good fiction, and the cover image is so clever and simple it drew me to it with both the title, and it's beautiful presentation. This actually might be at the top of the list for this week's most exciting new sci / fi fantasy reads!!
Finally, I decided to add a graphic novel this week. I am a huge fan of talented artists and illustrators who are creative storytellers so Warriors looks SO good, albeit cute too. I mean, dude it has a cat. If you're an animal lover I'm sure it has got your attention, I do want to note this is in fact a Middle-Grade read so if you have kids who are bookworms this series has been like a best-seller and I mean who doesn't love cats who are warriors going on some crazy adventures. I also know this one is a bit older, 2024 series, but Disney+ just acquired interest in adapting this into an animated series for 2028 which is why it's definitely relevant and cool to consider adding for middle-grader parents, or those who love reading all age book like me ☺
This week's Friday picks are a mixed bag but a good one, if you have any recs or want to contribute your thoughts on these, drop a comment! 👇💙😎

No comments:
Post a Comment